Re: SparcStation IPC: Data Access Exception

Hi Artyom,

Artyom Tarasenko wrote:
If the problem is reproducible with SS-10, I'd definitely go with the
SS-10 ones, because SS-10 is a sun4m machine. Sun4c was never properly
supported in QEMU, and actually its support is completely removed from
the recent versions.
It is not reproducible on MY SS10, my SS10 is happily booting NetBSD!
>My IPC has 2.4, I just verified.
I think it's worth saving it anyway. I don't expect it's support would
appear in QEMU (unless there was software which run on sun4c, but not
on sun4m. If such software existed I'd definitely try to resurrect
emulation of sun4c in QEMU), but it may work with some other
emulators, like TME.
If you give me an easy to follow guide with something that can be done with Linux/minicom or WindowsXP, I can provide you the ROMs, just for the sake of archiving them, one never knows. I could probably use NetBSD from the SS10, but I never used serial console programs under NetBSD.

Riccardo