Re: SparcStation IPC: Data Access Exception

On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 5:22 PM, Riccardo Mottola
<riccardo.mottola%libero.it@localhost> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 12/05/14 15:53, Artyom Tarasenko wrote:
>>
>> What OBP version do you have on your SS-10?
>> I tried to reproduce the problem under emulation with
>> qemu-system-sparc (should be a bit faster than a physical SS-10), but
>> the problem is not reproducible: NetBSD-6.1.5-sparc.iso just boots
>> fine.
>> Is the problem reproducible when booting from a CD?
>> Or is my OBP version too modern? The oldest I've got is 2.10.
>
> sorry, I thought you were asking about the SS10 PROMS, but perhaps you want
> the IPC ones?

If the problem is reproducible with SS-10, I'd definitely go with the
SS-10 ones, because SS-10 is a sun4m machine. Sun4c was never properly
supported in QEMU, and actually its support is completely removed from
the recent versions.

> My IPC has 2.4, I just verified.

I think it's worth saving it anyway. I don't expect it's support would
appear in QEMU (unless there was software which run on sun4c, but not
on sun4m. If such software existed I'd definitely try to resurrect
emulation of sun4c in QEMU), but it may work with some other
emulators, like TME.

Artyom

--
Regards,