Re: Indigo R3000, Indigo R4000 and Indy R5000

Hi Naruaki,

On 08/26/2018 12:52 AM, Naruaki.Etomi wrote:
Interesting. How do you differentiate the different Indigo R3K versions in the kernel?
Do you think the firmware version might also have a play in this?

Think simple.

https://nxr.netbsd.org/xref/src/sys/arch/sgimips/hpc/if_sq.c#266
Add routine.

/* Get MAC address */
memcpy(sc->sc_enaddr, &haa->hpc_eeprom[SQ_HPC_EEPROM_ENADDR],
    ETHER_ADDR_LEN);

#define SQ_HPC_EEPROM_ENADDR_R3K  122

/*
* Indigo R3K(early lot) to store MAC address at hpc_eeprom[122] -
hpc_eeprom[127].
*/

/* If Indigo R3K machine */
if (mach_type == MACH_SGI_IP12) {
/* If MAC address is strange */
if (sc->sc_enaddr[0] != SGI_OUI_0 ||
     sc->sc_enaddr[1] != SGI_OUI_1 ||
     sc->sc_enaddr[2] != SGI_OUI_2) {
     /* Get MAC address on Indigo R3K(early lot) */
memcpy(sc->sc_enaddr, &haa->hpc_eeprom[SQ_HPC_EEPROM_ENADDR_R3K],
     ETHER_ADDR_LEN);
}
}

It will work fine!

Nice!

Can't wait for your patches to be included in NetBSD! :-)

One of these days...

I wrote some PR.
These bug is critical issue so need to fix.
However, sgimips port maintainer is no reaction even after forever...

That's sad, because we Indigo R3K users on this world are desperately
needing these patches to be able to run NetBSD on our machines. In the
end NetBSD is the last free OS that works on these machines. Not even OpenBSD has support for R3K Indigos AFAIK.

Say, which PR refers to the kernel patch(es) (incl. the MAC address fix for early Indigo R3K)? It would be cool to be able to build that kernel for future NetBSD releases.

Cheers,
Frank