Re: Indigo R3000, Indigo R4000 and Indy R5000

On Fri, 24 Aug 2018, Frank Scheiner wrote:
AFAIK not for the Indigo, because its MAC address is stored in an EEPROM

Ah, good info. Thanks for the factoids and the references.

So, the loss of the MAC (or rather it's transformation to all zeros) is probably a software bug in the kernel, I'm guessing. I have an 180Mhz R5k Indy we can test with also, if that helps. I also have a 200Mhz R4600 Indy.

Just glad to see any activity on this. I have most of my SGI's setup and usable and I love running NetBSD on unusual platforms.

Did that onboard ethernet ever work before?

I also wonder if Phobos ever made an ethernet card for the Indigo or if NetBSD supports the Phobos cards on any SGI. If so, at least that might give you another option to get your Indigo running.

Thanks,
  Swift