Re: Indigo R3000, Indigo R4000 and Indy R5000

On 08/24/2018 06:26 PM, Swift Griggs wrote:
> So, the loss of the MAC (or rather it's transformation to all zeros) is
> probably a software bug in the kernel, I'm guessing. I have an 180Mhz
> R5k Indy we can test with also, if that helps. I also have a 200Mhz
> R4600 Indy.

Won't help, as the kernel in question is specifically made for the
Indigo R3K (IP12).

> Just glad to see any activity on this. I have most of my SGI's setup and
> usable and I love running NetBSD on unusual platforms.

Same here.

> Did that onboard ethernet ever work before?

I think so, see e.g. my post from October 2017 ([1]) although with a
much older NetBSD kernel:

```
[...]
>> boot
Setting $netaddr to 172.16.2.103 (from server )
Obtaining /AC100267 from server
1403008+0+144220 entry: 0x80002000
[...]
NetBSD 1.6T (IP12) #6: Thu May 22 10:17:29 EST 2003
        rumble@T23:/home/rumble/src/sys/arch/sgimips/compile/IP12
[...]
sq0 at hpc0 offset 0x100: SGI Seeq 8003
sq0: Ethernet address 08:00:69:12:34:56
[...]
```

Last three bytes of the MAC address are bogus/anonymized.

[1]: http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sgimips/2017/10/21/msg000731.html

> I also wonder if Phobos ever made an ethernet card for the Indigo or if
> NetBSD supports the Phobos cards on any SGI. If so, at least that might
> give you another option to get your Indigo running.

I think at least the Indigo R4K can use the same GIO cards than an Indy,
or let's say the Indy - as it came out later - can use the same cards
than an Indigo R4K. Not sure about an Indigo R3K though.

Cheers,
Frank