Re: Indigo R3000, Indigo R4000 and Indy R5000

On Thu, 23 Aug 2018, Frank Scheiner wrote:
According to these PR, I believe that NetBSD/sgimips is going to be alright.
Great, that's really awesome work! Much obliged.

Yes, agreed. Thanks for the work.

Not sure why, but the MAC address of the sq0 device is all 0 (00:00:00:00:00:00) as soon as the kernel starts.

Could that be because of the same known-issue that happens with the Indy? Ie.. if the battery dies and the system sits long enough, the MAC is lost and has to be re-set with a rather painful procedure.

The MAC address looks OK in the PROM monitor though and netbooting actually works as expected from there: Ethernet address is ---- 08:00:69:11:22:33

Hmmm... that seems to indicate that it's a software issue. Okay, nevermind.

I had an R4k Indigo for a while, but I had too many SGI's and had to shed a few. Nowadays it's only the O2+, Indy, and Tezro in my collection.

Thanks,
  Swift