Port-playstation2 archive

Re: Building progress.

> > About what I've done (or at least can recall) :
> > [...]
> > * Modify src/ with impunity (most modifications should be guarded
> > with "ADD JB" comments)
>
> These are the parts I'm most interested in.  What source tree did you
> start with?  I am probably going to be backporting any changes to 4.*
> or 5.*[%], so I'm more interested in the changes than the tree.

I'm using a NetBSD-current tree checked out a few weeks ago.

About backporting, nearly all my changes are contained in the build system
(share/mk/* and external/gpl3/*), but I took a "if it gets in my way, nuke
it" problem-solving approach.

While I managed to get far enough in the kernel building process to hit
bitrotted code, most of the stuff that was left behind will have to be
properly fixed at some point.

> [%] If nothing else, I consider gcc 4.9.0 unsuitable for open-source
>     work such as I am interested in doing.

As far as I know, GCC 4.9 is the only modern compiler that can target the
R5900 inside the Playstation 2 for now. So we're stuck with it for the time
being.