Port-playstation2 archive

Re: Building progress.

Hi,

> Are you trying to use the Sony boot CD, the one that keeps you away
> from the interesting hardware, or are you using the Independence Day
> exploit (or something of that sort) to run on the real machine?  If the
> latter, I am very much interested.

I have a Playstation 2 SCPH-30000 (if I recall correctly), without a Network
adapter or the Linux PS2 kit (so no Sony boot CD).

I have however Free McBoot installed on my Memory Cards. I intend to
bootstrap NetBSD by launching a ELF executable with uLaunchELF/Free McBoot
(if I ever get to that point). I'll probably use PS2DEV to fill the gaps.

As for the instructions, I'll need to stash an archive with my sources
somewhere online first for you to download (importing GCC+Binutils would
make a diff unwieldy large on its own).

I suggest you to set up a NetBSD virtual machine in the meantime, as one of
the required steps is to symlink /bin/sh to /usr/pkg/bin/bash to make
Binutils's configure script happy (did I mention gory details?).