Re: about Pegasos1 (april fix 2) support

nello martuscielli wrote:

> [..FAT16..]
> i put netbsd.gz and ofwbootdb.gz and etered from smartfirmware prompt:
> boot /ide/disk:0 ofwbootdb.gz
> and
> boot /ide/disk:0 ofwbootdb.gz netbsd.gz

To exclude another error source I would put the files uncompressed onto the
partition (although SmartFirmware and ofwboot can decompress on the fly).

> I prefer from hdd 'cause it's simpler and faster. Thus i can avoid to
> blank and burn cdrw for any tests.

Ok.

According to your last screenshot, which I understood was with a FAT16 RDB
partition, the detection of RDB failed with error 101 (meaning no valid
partition table found). So we should continue debugging there.

You say you were using an Amiga-style RDB partition format.
- Which program did you use to create the partitions?
- What other partitions are present? What is the exact partitioning of the
disk?
- Which ID did you use for the FAT16 partition? It should be 0x4d5344XX.
  (Maybe ofwboot should also support other IDs for FAT.)
- Blocksize of the partition is 512 bytes, I assume?
- Are you sure the RDB is within the first 16 blocks of the disk?

I have uploaded another ofwbootdb.gz on the usual location. It includes some
debugging output for RDB, like the first four bytes of block 0..15 and the
partition details when a rigid disk block was found.

> Please be sure that bsd kernel is msdos and amiga partition table ,
> fat16 fstype and ati radeon framebuffer enabled.

You probably mean ofwboot. The kernel is not even found yet.

--
Frank Wille