Re: about Pegasos1 (april fix 2) support

nello martuscielli wrote:

> mmh... nothing again.
> http://oi51.tinypic.com/15frq85.jpg

That's not bad. OF_open() on "/pci@80000000/ide@7,1/cd@0,1:0" worked and
ofwboot can read blocks from the CD with the OFW read method.

But the error 22 indicates that no valid filesystem was detected. This can
have several reasons:

1. Your CD does not contain a sane ISO9660 filesystem.
2. OF_read claims to work but just returns trash or doesn't fill the buffer
at all.
3. OF_read reads a different block than requested.

Let's concentrate on point 1 first. Are you sure your CD is ok? Is the
"netbsd" or "netbsd.gz" file in the root directory, parallel to ofwbootdb?

I just tried tried the same with a CD and ofwbootdb on my Pegasos2 and FS[1]
does not return error 22. This is the ISO9660 file system.

> Anyway for example i'm able to boot old cruxppc with these commands:
>
> [from cd]
> boot cd /path/to/kernel

So cruxppc avoids possible OFW bugs by booting the kernel directly. It
doesn't use any OF_open or OF_read calls.

What happens when you write the full path explicitely:

  boot cd ofwbootdb /pci@80000000/ide@7,1/cd@0,1/netbsd

--
Frank Wille