Re: about Pegasos1 (april fix 2) support

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 6:22 PM, Frank Wille <frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost>
wrote:
> nello martuscielli wrote:
>
>> well, before i tried to boot from my hdd (first partition with FAT16
>> fs).
>
> I didn't know. Theoretically that would be the better option. Which files
> were on your FAT16 partition and what did enter to boot the kernel?

i put netbsd.gz and ofwbootdb.gz and etered from smartfirmware prompt:
boot /ide/disk:0 ofwbootdb.gz
and
boot /ide/disk:0 ofwbootdb.gz netbsd.gz

> ofwboot should have detected a valid MBR partition format here, which it
> didn't.
>

>>> I just tried tried the same with a CD and ofwbootdb on my Pegasos2 and
>>> FS[1] does not return error 22. This is the ISO9660 file system.
>>
>> ok, i've now burned bsd files on a cd with iso9660  and i received the
>> same output except for:
>> FS[1]_OPEN - error=2
>
> That's the best result so far. Error code 2 means that the file was not
> found, which means the ISO9660 file system was correctly detected.
>
> Do you prefer to continue debugging with CD or with FAT16? I would prepare
> an ofwboot with appropriate debugging output.

I prefer from hdd 'cause it's simpler and faster. Thus i can avoid to
blank and burn cdrw for any tests.
Please be sure that bsd kernel is msdos and amiga partition table ,
fat16 fstype and ati radeon framebuffer enabled.

thanks again fro your great effort.

Nell

--
CRUX PPC user !