Re: Insights from successful, yet painful, install attempt.

On Thu, 21 Oct 2021 at 06:32, John Klos <john%ziaspace.com@localhost> wrote:
> "If you like living on the edge you can try building the emulator on a big
> endian machine, and you will get an emulation of a big endian 8086, a
> rather bizarre and somewhat useless beast. For everyone else, please run
> the emulator on a little endian machine."

Good to know.

> How much swap do you have? And have you unlimit / ulimit before launching
> to see if it changes the results?

1GB swap. With a higher ulimit, I got the main window to open, and got
as far as trying to connect. But the SSL certificate couldn't be
verified. Unsure if it has to do with the recent Let's Encrypt mess.

Forwarded X stuff tends to blow up with BadAccess (attempt to access
private resource denied). Just selecting text on xterm will do that.

> John

-- Roc