Re: Insights from successful, yet painful, install attempt.

On Wed, 20 Oct 2021 at 23:07, John Klos <john%ziaspace.com@localhost> wrote:
> FYI - 8086tiny runs as a big endian 8086 on a big endian host CPU, so
> unless you have 8086 big endian software and BIOS, I don't think it'll
> work ;)

I never looked at its sources; it sounds quite broken.

> I believe DOSBox is available, though.

Good. I'll try and install that.

> Regarding hexchat, does it work with a remote X server?

Yes. At least the server selection window, which crashes on the Amiga
X server, does.

I tried connecting to a server, but then hexchat blew up with "memory
fault". Not sure what that means (out of memory?). 64MB might not cut
it; I ordered a 128MB stick a while ago, but it might still take weeks
to arrive.

> John

-- Roc