Re: Firefox and the broken about:login, a temporary workaround

New developments :)

In www/firefox/patches/patch-browser_app_profile_firefox.js I find

+// Disable multiprocess window support. Workaround for PR 53273.
+pref("browser.tabs.remote.autostart", false);

and reading through PR 53273 is lots of doom and gloom, until a little
sentence near the end saying it is now fixed in 8.99.34 (and therefore
in 9.0), and I nearly overlooked it.

So in a test profile I set "browser.tabs.remote.autostart" to true, and
the new password manager worked. I'll test a bit more before I declare
victory though.

I still had to disable webGL to visit google maps, but that is a
separate matter.

I don't know if the setting that is done above can be made dependent on
the OS version. That would probably help.

-Olaf.
--
Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert -- rhialto at falu dot nl
___  Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on