Re: devel/git and devel/git-base are confusing

Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> writes:

> Is there a way this can be handled by pkgsrc's options framework? May be
> keep defaults to no-gui (or otherwise if the majority wills, but I doubt!)

It could be an option, but options basically don't work with binary
packages, in that users of binary packages compiled by others do not get
to set options.  I see little value in adding an option, when it works
better for people to just also install git-gitk if they want it.

In general, I think it's best for us to have as few options as possible,
favoring split packages (which we have in this case).  Sometimes they
can't be avoided, and having them is far better than not.