Re: devel/git and devel/git-base are confusing

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 04:16:25PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I suspect the time taken up by this discussion exceeds the total time
> taken up by people realizing they isntalled more than they want.

Still worth it. Multiply each of them by its recurrence count of past and
future!

> But, reading today's notes, we appear to have reached consensus on just
> unhooking gitk (even though both halves seem slightly unhappy, more or
> less evenly - the sign of a good middle ground!, so that's good news.

Is there a way this can be handled by pkgsrc's options framework? May be
keep defaults to no-gui (or otherwise if the majority wills, but I doubt!)

Something like, git being a meta package (as it is) and its includes are
subject to options.

[Personally I still prefer vim/vim-gtk or w3m/w3m-img like split.]

Mayuresh