Re: devel/git and devel/git-base are confusing

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 11:59:45AM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> Is there a way this can be handled by pkgsrc's options framework? May be
> keep defaults to no-gui (or otherwise if the majority wills, but I doubt!)

I don't know whether this is common, just to give a personal account: I am
quite accustomed to doing `show-options' for anything I install, even if
I already know the software. Then I carry those choices in my mk.conf
which I do a revision control of, replicate settings across installations
etc.

But it's not obvious for me to read DESCR if I already know the software.
This is simply because DESCR is known to describe the software in 1 or 2
lines, _often_ picked from the "About" section of the upstream website
(and nothing wrong with that). I'd hardly suspect it has something more to
care about - for a software already known to me.

Mayuresh