Re: x11 clashes of base and pkg [Was Re: Confusing versioning scheme of freetyp2?]

Ian D. Leroux wrote:

> It may be worth discussing which x11 should be used for binary packages
> on common platforms (I don't care, I build from source anyway).  But
> stripping xsrc out of base entirely, or making it difficult to use the
> base x11 when building packages, has serious implications for the
> usefulness of NetBSD on unusual hardware.  That decision should not be
> taken lightly.

If you use X11 from the base, you always end up with multiple versions
of x11 software installed, unless you build it yourself(?). For example,
the sxiv package is linked against both pkgsrc -lX11.6 and base'
-lX11.7.

--
caóc