Re: x11 clashes of base and pkg [Was Re: Confusing versioning scheme of freetyp2?]

Mayuresh wrote:

> By exclude I assume you are suggesting so to NetBSD architects to not even
> have it in the base.

Exactly.

> Curious about the thought process behind having x11 in the base. Any
> idea about other BSD systems - do they have x11 in the base?

Free/Dragonfly don't have it in the base. NetBSD cannot go the OpenBSD
path because it has pkgsrc. OpenBSD, having Xorg in the base, doesn't
have it in the repository; all packages are linked against the base
X11. I guess there are none that have it both ways.

--
caóc