Re: x11 clashes of base and pkg [Was Re: Confusing versioning scheme of freetyp2?]

On Mon, May 07, 2018 at 12:48:04PM -0400, Cág wrote:
> I think a better solution would be to exclude x11 from the base
> completely; link all packages, that need x11 libraries, only against
> those from pkgsrc, so you won't have the mixture.

By exclude I assume you are suggesting so to NetBSD architects to not even
have it in the base.

Curious about the thought process behind having x11 in the base. Any idea
about other BSD systems - do they have x11 in the base?

Personally I'd like x11 to be in the base, but it should not create all
sorts of troubles discussed on this thread before for pkg builds. If any
other BSDs have x11 in the base, how do they solve their build problems or
don't they?

Mayuresh