Re: wip push- rebase first

On Wed, 7 Oct 2015 12:31:53 +0200, Tobias Nygren wrote:
> My apologies to Hauke for the harsh wording which didn't come out
> right.

No offense taken.

> Is it really unreasonable to expect developers with commit privileges
> to familiarize themselves with the tool on their own?

No, it isn't, but...

I've seen proponents of a certain VCS that shall remain unnamed suggest
several times that NetBSD needs to switch to said VCS asap, because
prospective new developers are being turned away by having to
familiarize with CVS <http://www.netbsd.org/developers/cvs-repos/>.

At that point, it is mildly amusing when those proponents deny the need
to document workflows as they apply to WIP for said VCS - which, since
it was originally designed for a vastly different development model,
does not have one obvious way of being used.

Cheerio,
hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281