Re: wip push- rebase first

On Mon, 5 Oct 2015 17:52:58 +0200
Hauke Fath <hf%spg.tu-darmstadt.de@localhost> wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Oct 2015 11:51:59 -0400, matthew sporleder wrote:
> > When pushing changes to the new wip.pkgsrc.org please
> > try to remember and rebase first [...]
>
> I would very much like to see standard wip git workflow(s) explained,
> say, on <http://pkgsrc.org/wip/users> - starting with the above,
> slightly obscure "rebase" term...

I don't think it is the job of pkgsrc.org to be a git tutorial site,
and I don't think we should strive to be git tutors. That said we could
and should provide pointers to good tutorials and documentation, because
git can certainly be difficult to understand.

Nothing of what has been discussed in this thread is specific to
pkgsrc-wip, but is rather about best practices for contributions to
pretty much any open source project or workplace that uses git.

Kind regards,
-Tobias