Re: pkgsrc-2013Q2 randomly not creating packages for me. What can be wrong?

"OBATA Akio" <> writes:

> On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 20:17:59 +0900, Greg Troxel <>
> wrote:
>> "OBATA Akio" <> writes:
>>> Please describe use cases of binary packages in ${PACKAGES} after
>>> installation, for over 50% users and not rare case.
>>> `make package' and a binary package will be created in ${PACKAGES}.
>>> It is not changed.
>> My point  is that changing replace introduced a regression, and
>> dicussion/review should have (sorry if I missed it) led to creating
>> replace-package at the same time.
> Should I explain it again?
> "binary package in ${PACKAGES} will be overwritten unconditionally"
> is the regression introduced at changed to USE_DESTDIR=yes by default.

So you are saying that "make replace" will store the (new) binary
package in ${PACKAGES} if there is not already a package of the same
name?  Or that 'make replace' never used to store binary packges?  My
perception (a fuzzy perception; I've not been paying as close attention
to netbsd/pkgsrc over the last few months) is that there was a
relatively recent change where 'make replace' (in the USE_DESTDIR=yes
case) stopped storing binary packages in ${PACKAGES}, and instead left
them in WRKDIR.

I did not understand that from reading the mail you referenced the first
time, and I still can't understand that from reading it now.