Re: Making DESTDIR support mandatory

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 09:35:19 +0900, David Holland
<> wrote:

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 06:51:46PM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
 > >2. undo-replace does not work with USE_DESTDIR, which is a significant
 > >regression.
 > It's easy to implement it.
 > But I don't want to be tarup package into ${WRKDIR} each time on replace.

That's what we've always done; I don't think making unrelated other
changes is a good reason to alter that behavior.

I never use `replace' target with USE_DESTDIR=no, so nothing had been changed
for me.

But It's also easy to kill tarup in my local tree, like killing "set
so no objection to implement it.

For me, behavior chnages should be fixed with USE_DESTDIR=yes are:
1. `make replace OLDNAME=foo' will not work.
2. `make install' always create binary package in ${PACKAGES}.

2. may be required for other developers, when trying build and install
with various PKG_OPTION combination or something else.
but want to keep the binary package built with default situation.

OBATA Akio /