Re: pkgsrc-2013Q2 randomly not creating packages for me. What can be wrong?

On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 20:30:34 +0900, Joerg Sonnenberger
<joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 08:13:11PM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 19:42:29 +0900, Joerg Sonnenberger
<joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:

>On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 09:26:42AM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:

>>binary packages is useful to replace installed package,
>>but not required anymore after the replace.#
>
>I disagree, but I find keeping packages around instead of pkg_tarup a
>lot more useful and people insisted on keeping the latter.

Please describe use cases of binary packages in ${PACKAGES} after installation,
for over 50% users and not rare case.

It's the same reason why people wanted pkg_tarup. My point is just that
it doesn't make sense to force people to install pkg_tarup for replace
when preserving the binary packages would serve the same purpose better.

There is no guarantee that binary package for currently installed one
is in ${PACKAGES} and no way to confirm it...

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost