Re: pkgsrc-2013Q2 randomly not creating packages for me. What can be wrong?

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 08:13:11PM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 19:42:29 +0900, Joerg Sonnenberger
> <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
>
> >On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 09:26:42AM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
>
> >>binary packages is useful to replace installed package,
> >>but not required anymore after the replace.#
> >
> >I disagree, but I find keeping packages around instead of pkg_tarup a
> >lot more useful and people insisted on keeping the latter.
>
> Please describe use cases of binary packages in ${PACKAGES} after
> installation,
> for over 50% users and not rare case.

It's the same reason why people wanted pkg_tarup. My point is just that
it doesn't make sense to force people to install pkg_tarup for replace
when preserving the binary packages would serve the same purpose better.

> `make package' and a binary package will be created in ${PACKAGES}.
> It is not changed.

I know. I would complain otherwise :)

Joerg