Re: Building and running comms/asterisk

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 12:56:07PM -0400, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> Hmm.  That's a completely different issue than mine.  I don't see that
> at all.  Google found a few references but most of them involved you so
> obviously you know about those.  One that you were not mentioned in
> suggested a version mismatch between components.  Perhaps try to
> uninstall everything asterisk related and start over.

Interesting finds... Will try that. Actually, I had managed to get
erstwhile comm/asterisk work for me. Things broke after the pkgsrc update
that was impending (mentioned in last post of that thread).

> By the way, one of your posts mentioned that you didn't start
> configuring yet.  Perhaps you should.  In particular, don't load
> modules that you don't need.  I followed the instructions at
> http://www.asterisk.org/sites/asterisk/files/mce_files/documents/asterisk_quick_start_guide.pdf
> and it was a pretty good start.  I did have to add a few modules that
> they left out but G was good at finding what I needed.

Again, the post where I said so was old. I not only configured asterisk,
used it pretty well with kiax client and my voip accounts.

Point is mere starting of service should be smooth. Configuration, to me,
is setting up your users and voip accounts etc. If some modules are
enabled by default, they should rather work and not throw the kind of
messages it shows. Ok, I'll check the build angle that you mentioned.

Mayuresh.