Re: print/teTeX and print/tex-pdftools improvement-suggestion (patch attached)

On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 23:21:05 +0200
Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 09:05:27PM +0200, Volkmar Seifert wrote:
> > I tried to install print/teTeX on a headless server, which, because
> > of being headless, has no x11 installed.
>
> teTeX is everything tex-related and their kitchen sinks.
> Can you perhaps install a subset and avoid the x11 dependency this
> way? (I haven't looked at your changes in detail yet.)
>  Thomas

That's what my changes actually do. I implemented the options-framework
for print/teTeX, and used it to make x11-dependencies omittable. For
those, who'd like to install everything, including X11-stuff, just run
make with no options, for those like me, add a -x11 to the options and
gone are those packages that require X11-support.

Installing everything tex-related manually would not only be tedious,
but it would also very like to miss some package, because, honestly, I
have no idea what is required for a complete tex-system. print/teTeX
comes in highly convenient, and with my patches applied, I think
everyone would be able to get what they want.

- Volkmar

--
http://www.dimensionv.de/
http://blog.nifelheim.info/tech/