Re: How to automatically update dependencies when building a package?

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011, Thomas Mueller wrote:

> How do I get pkgsrc to automatically update dependencies when a
> too-old version is already installed?

Several techniques were documented in the old wiki. See
http://wiki-static.aydogan.net/How_to_upgrade_packages

Also missing from that for "binary packages" is pkgin and pkgnih.

> FreeBSD ports would do this automatically, but my attempted build of

Can you share examples of how FreeBSD ports does this automatically?
(When you say automatically, do you mean you can go into a port package
directory and type "make install" and it will upgrade dependencies
automatically?  I have used FreeBSD ports for years so I am interested
if it has a feature I overlooked.)

  Jeremy C. Reed