Re: How to automatically update dependencies when building a package?

On Fri, February 11, 2011 10:04 am, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2011, Thomas Mueller wrote:
>> How do I get pkgsrc to automatically update dependencies when a
>> too-old version is already installed?
> Several techniques were documented in the old wiki. See

There's a pkgsrc writeup on the DragonFly site, too, written by me and
several other people:

Some of the things discussed are DragonFly-specific, like the pkg_radd
tool and being able to pull pkgsrc from git, but the rest applies.

I was able to update from pkgsrc-2010Q3 to pkgsrc-2010Q4 solely using
pkg_radd -u (which is just pkg_add with PKG_PATH set). That technique will
only work if you have a prebuilt archive to pull from, which I think only
applies to NetBSD and DragonFly right now.