Re: PostgreSQL and libtool

Patrick Welche <> writes:

> On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 08:23:38AM +0300, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
>> On the other hand it is known to break packages.
> That is quite a claim!

Note that our ardent libtool proponents don't care explaining
what is or what may be wrong, neither they care fixing obviously
libtool-related bugs themselves.

If libtool causes problems, it should be removed. It's a tool,
and its purpose should be serving people. It should simplify
maintainance rather than cause random breakage in rather critical
software such as PostgreSQL or Octave. We don't have drop-in
replacement for any of the two.