PostgreSQL and libtool

Greetings,

I would like to remove libtool as a building tool for PostgreSQL.

Arguments:

1. Libtool is not supported by PostgreSQL. Patching PostgreSQL to use libtool
is a hack and maintaining the package is a headache.
2. With libtool, there are problems with other packages, like PostGIS.
3. Without libtool, shared libraries are built just fine. We have other
packages with shared libraries built without libtool (textproc/icu comes to
mind).
4. On Mac OS X, PostgreSQL crashes when built with libtool (see PR/44365). I
guess other platforms might suffer, too.

I have the update ready, so if there are no reasonable objections, I will
proceed. :)

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Adam