Re: PostgreSQL and libtool

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 03:56:14PM +0300, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
> Note that our ardent libtool proponents don't care explaining
> what is or what may be wrong, neither they care fixing obviously
> libtool-related bugs themselves.

The main point of using libtool in pkgsrc IMHO is that we only have to
fix libtool once to support all pkgsrc platforms instead of fixing the
same or similar problems for many supposedly "cross-platform"
packages.

Of course there might be bugs in libtool itself and they should be
fixed, but then the fixes propagate to all libtool users instead of us
having to fix every package separately.
 Thomas