RE: Real life use of pkgsrc from a happy user

> ...That is why afaik many *BSD users today are using Gentoo Linux if
> linux is
> "required" within a project.
>
> The Gentoo Linux portage system bases on a widely similiar concept like
> pgksrc, ports and pkgs.

I know a fellow that had been trying to use pkgsrc on IRIX for a long time, and
finally switched over to portage and got much better results.
<http://forums.nekochan.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16720597>  Personally I feel
that's a bit unfortunate for us, but maybe we can learn from what portage is
doing right.

Tim