Re: Real life use of pkgsrc from a happy user

On Wednesday 09 September 2009 01:53:32 you wrote:
> As accessibility and awareness increases, so does the user-base. I still
> find that most BSDphobic users have no idea what it is but hopefully
> that will change
Yes and yes,

as a *BSD user i wont use such a GUI, because i want to see the nice console
output...

But if i think about "typical" Mac OSX users or even new (i.e. specialized)
small linux distris - a "nice" GUI to pkgsrc could attract such typical users
and applications too.

cheers,

Niels.

--

---

  Niels Dettenbach
  ---
  Syndicat IT&Internet
  http://www.syndicat.com
  T.-Muentzer.-Str. 2, 37308 Heilbad Heiligenstadt - DE
  ---
  Kryptoinfo:
  PGP public key ID 651CA20D
  Fingerprint: 55E0 4DCD B04C 4A49 1586  88AE 54DC 4465 651C A20D
  https://syndicat.com/pub_key.asc
  ---