Re: help help GTHUMB officially BROKEN. [SEC = UNCLASSIFIED]

Hi People,

thanks for your help.

1. I built gqview and this WORKS no problem.:)
This does most of what I need so it should get me by for
my photographic short course assignments.

2. Not all of my GNOME based apps are trashed.
Sorry. Due to upgrading libs for other apps the gnumeric
needed an upgrade also in order to find it's libs. So
I upgraded gnumeric and it works fine now.

3. gthumb does not core dump in case I need to mention this.
It runs smooth as silk. It just can't recognise pictures,
which is what it's supposed to do. It seems to see no
image files like if you opened a directory of other normal
files EG /bin it would just say "No Images".

So I sense it may be something simple but don't know what.
It just can't read the directory properly and see image files
there. Bizzzarrre.

4. I did do a ktrace kdump but search for "No image"  which
is what is displayed in the middle of the picture frame in
ghtumb,    reveals nothing.

What else could I search for or do?

This is possibly a nasty bug but more likely a stupid stupid
simple setup or other simple problem as the program seems
to work fine, not core dump, etc, etc, but just won't recognise
images.

spirit# pkg_info |grep gthumb
gthumb-2.10.9       Image viewer and browser for the GNOME Desktop
spirit#

cheers,
Paul.

Thomas Klausner wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> > I think 2.10.9 version must be broken.
>
> I just installed 2.10.9 using modular x.org on NetBSD-4.99.73/amd64,
> and it worked fine.
>
> I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you. Does e.g. graphics/gqview
> work?
>  Thomas

Paul
Australian Bureau Of Meteorology