help help GTHUMB officially BROKEN. Re: gnome apps belly up. [SEC = UNCLASSIFIED]

gidday Folks,

well I just grabbed a fresh disk ,
did a fresh install of NetBSD 4.0.1 ,
and pkgsrc Q3 08 ,

and built gthumb from nothing ,

8 hours work.

and it STILL doesn't work.

Take it to a directory with .jpg 's and it says :

NO IMAGE

anyone? Anyone?

I think 2.10.9 version must be broken.

(old 2.10.7 on work machine works)