NetBSD-Users archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

Re: dual boot installation with UEFI



On Mon, Sep 28, 2026 at 01:22:10AM +0200, Jeff wrote:
> 
> Sep 27, 2026, 15:29 by rvp%SDF.ORG@localhost:
> 
> > On Sun, 27 Sep 2026, Jeff wrote:
> >
> >> [...] I still got a message "/dev/dk5: Invalid signature in fsinfo block" [...]
> >>
> >
> > That diagnostic is from fsck_msdos (either it's being too strict, or the VFAT
> > filesystem really needed fixing). Did sysinst(8) copy the bootloaders after
> > this; or did it not copy them at all?
> >
> > -RVP
> >
> It did, yes. A 32 and a 64. I haven't figured out how to boot it, yet, but I think NetBSD is probably all there on my drive, now.
> 

You can first test that everything is OK by, at boot time,
dropping to the UEFI shell and then calling the NetBSD related
boot*.efi directly.
-- 
        Thierry Laronde <tlaronde +AT+ kergis +dot+ com>
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/
Key fingerprint = 0FF7 E906 FBAF FE95 FD89  250D 52B1 AE95 6006 F40C


Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index