Re: properly way of setting premissions for devices in /dev/

El mié, 3 jul 2024 a las 3:10, Robert Elz (<kre%munnari.oz.au@localhost>) escribió:

>     Date:        Tue, 2 Jul 2024 11:37:50 +0200
>     From:        Ramiro Aceves <ea1abz%gmail.com@localhost>
>

>   | Because I rebooted the system there was nothing at sh shell history, I
>   | would be a good thing being able to know what I did. I think that
>   | NetBSD sh does not have the posibility of configuring a history file
>   | to record the past commands, but not sure. Am I right? That would be a
>   | good thing.
>
> You are right, there's no current way in sh to save history across
> invocations -- except perhaps using "fc" amd manually manipulating
> the list of commands, and merging that with a previous list, which
> could perhaps be automated in the ENV file for startup, and using an
> exit trap to update it, but it would certainly be messy.
>
> Adding a HISTFILE var, reading from it into the history at startup
> (interactive shells only) and writing history to it at exit, or perhaps
> even command by command, so it could be used by multiple shells
> simultaneously, is something I have imagined from time to time, but
> "imagined" is as far as that have ever gotten, given there doesn't
> seem to be a huge demand for that.

Thanks Robert,

Yes, months ago when I started playing with NetBSD I configured a
HISTSIZE variable, and after that I set HISTFILE var but as it did not
work  I read the man page and did not see anything about the history
file, so I started thinking that the feature was certainly missing.

I know that there are other shells with that feature but I like my
NeBSD with standard features as much as possible. Nothing against bash
and another shells, also have Linux systems running but I like my
NetBSD as pure and standalone as possible. ;-)

Regards.
Ramiro.