Re: properly way of setting premissions for devices in /dev/

    Date:        Tue, 2 Jul 2024 11:37:50 +0200
    From:        Ramiro Aceves <ea1abz%gmail.com@localhost>

  | Because I rebooted the system there was nothing at sh shell history, I
  | would be a good thing being able to know what I did. I think that
  | NetBSD sh does not have the posibility of configuring a history file
  | to record the past commands, but not sure. Am I right? That would be a
  | good thing.

You are right, there's no current way in sh to save history across
invocations -- except perhaps using "fc" amd manually manipulating
the list of commands, and merging that with a previous list, which
could perhaps be automated in the ENV file for startup, and using an
exit trap to update it, but it would certainly be messy.

Adding a HISTFILE var, reading from it into the history at startup
(interactive shells only) and writing history to it at exit, or perhaps
even command by command, so it could be used by multiple shells
simultaneously, is something I have imagined from time to time, but
"imagined" is as far as that have ever gotten, given there doesn't
seem to be a huge demand for that.

kre