Re: buildworld failure due to md5 not supported by openssl3

    Date:        Fri, 24 Nov 2023 19:45:00 +0100
    From:        Ede Wolf <listac%nebelschwaden.de@localhost>

  | I am having somewhat cosmetic wm(4) issues though, but that is more for
  | the alpha-port list, as at least on vbox - the only other machine I have
  | with wm drivers - those issues do not appear.

As I understand it, which isn't very much, hardware issues aren't really
my thing, many hardware wm devices have errata that need working around,
and there's no guarantee that we have workarounds for all the varieties
that exist in the tree.  Things generally basically work anyway, but there
can be issues.   A software implementation (like on vbox) is less likely
to have problems like that, as any issues that arise can just get fixed in
the next vbox update - that's like many many orders of magnitude harder to
do with hardware that's already been sold and doesn't rely upon loadable
firmware.

  | Talking about virtualbox. On vbox 7.0.12 (running on a linux host) I was
  | unable to install amd64 10RC1 with vitio-net.

Sorry, can't help with that one either, or certainly without a lot more
debugging info as to what was actually happening.

  | No issues with the emulated Pro/1000MT. Good enough for me

Yes, when I did use virtualbox (needed on my laptop before previously
so I could run NetBSD) there were several cases like that - just find
the emulated hardware that works, and use that - forget anything that
doesn't...

The change to the order of the lines in that libsaslc/lib/Makefile
has been made in the HEAD sources - it needs fixing in NetBSD 10 as well,
and it looks as if Christos didn't send a pullup for the change, so I
will ...

kre