Re: buildworld failure due to md5 not supported by openssl3

Am 23.11.23 um 13:34 schrieb Robert Elz:
     Date:        Thu, 23 Nov 2023 12:13:42 +0100
     From:        Ede Wolf <listac%nebelschwaden.de@localhost>

   | Ok, I did not see this as yet verified, because, as with MKKERBEROS=yes
   | and USE_KERBEROS=yes the build fails as well. Even though at a slightly
   | different place, but still crypto related.
   |
   | But very likely that those are related. I'll just sit back, relax and wait.

I'll do a build in a minute, using your mk.conf settings, and see if I
can work out what other hidden dependency that we have that is causing
the problem.   This one isn't as obvious as the last one.

If you want to do something other than wait (and perhaps, just perhaps,
get a usable build) you can try altering

	src/crypto/external/bsd/libsaslc/lib/Makefile

Swap the order of the two lines:

	COPTS.crypto.c+=-Wno-error=deprecated-declarations
	.endif

(so you get:

	.endif
	COPTS.crypto.c+=-Wno-error=deprecated-declarations

instead) and then go back to your original mk.conf with MKKERBEROS=no (etc)
and see what happens.

For what it is worth, as you have probably known it before, here my confirmation: Swapping those lines and disabling kerberos the build finished without problems.

===> Built sets to /data/release/alpha/binary/sets
===> build.sh ended:      Fri Nov 24 16:40:28 CET 2023
===> Summary of results:
build.sh command: ./build.sh -a alpha -m alpha -j 4 -r -M /data/obj -D /data/destdir -R /data/release distsets
         build.sh started:    Fri Nov 24 16:22:45 CET 2023
         NetBSD version:      10.0_RC1
         MACHINE:             alpha
         MACHINE_ARCH:        alpha
         Build platform:      NetBSD 10.0_RC1 amd64
         HOST_SH:             /bin/sh
         No $TOOLDIR/bin/nbmake, needs building.
         Bootstrapping nbmake
         MAKECONF file:       /etc/mk.conf
TOOLDIR path: /data/obj/data/src/tooldir.NetBSD-10.0_RC1-amd64
         DESTDIR path:        /data/destdir
         RELEASEDIR path:     /data/release
         Removing /data/obj/data/src/tooldir.NetBSD-10.0_RC1-amd64
         Removing /data/destdir
Created /data/obj/data/src/tooldir.NetBSD-10.0_RC1-amd64/bin/nbmake Updated makewrapper: /data/obj/data/src/tooldir.NetBSD-10.0_RC1-amd64/bin/nbmake-alpha
         Successful make distribution
         Building sets from pre-populated /data/destdir
         Built sets to /data/release/alpha/binary/sets
         build.sh ended:      Fri Nov 24 16:40:28 CET 2023
===> .
real      1063.70
user      2772.26
sys        503.11
buildbsd# grep -A1 -B1 "COPTS.crypto" /data/src/crypto/external/bsd/libsaslc/lib/Makefile
.endif
COPTS.crypto.c+=-Wno-error=deprecated-declarations

buildbsd#

I have however not installed these sets, as my alpha also is still trying to build itself, which may go on for another couple of days. If successful this time, that is. So I cannot comment on how usable this build is.

Thanks again for your help