Re: Does any common mortals here (not programmers or sysads) use NetBSD as their daily productivity driver?

On Tue, 27 Sept 2022 at 12:35, Ottavio Caruso
<ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:

> If so, what can you not do on NetBSD that you can do on any other OS?

I suspect this might be the least generally relevant list in the
thread :), but just because,

Tasks for which I use a Windows/MacOS box (controlled from my NetBSD
box via net/synergy):
- Run Signal Desktop
- Run dl4j java deep learning algorithms (calls native binaries)
- Run Garmin's ConnectIQ build environment
- Compile flutter apps
- Zoom etc (though usually just use phone)
- Run the latest calibre ebook manager (uses qt6), tho' previous calibre fine
- Run TeamViewer to help support remote Windows machines
- Play X4 or Horizon Zero Dawn :-p (that one controlled directly)

I use NetBSD as a laptop daily driver for java dev, with some zfs
servers - openvpn, nginx, unifi for Ubiquiti kit, ansible config,
syncthing, some samba, cups etc.

David