Re: Upgrading software with pkgsrc

Todd Gruhn <tgruhn2%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> I have just downloaded pkgsrc-2022Q3.   What is the *best way*  to upgrade
> pkgs, along  with any sub-pkgs that required fixed/upgraded?

Well those are words asking to pick a fight in Ye Olde BSD Saloon.

There used to be documentation about:

  using pkgin with binary repos created by others
  doing pbulk yourself and then using pkgin
  using pkg_rolling-replace
  using make update

and I thought it was at
  https://wiki.netbsd.org/pkgsrc/how_to_upgrade_packages/

which points to the guide where i can't find the content.

The only thing I feel is safe to say is "Do not use make update".

I personally use pkg_rolling-replace, but beware  you'll have issues to
resolve because python default changed  from 39 to 310