Re: Setting keyboard layout on xterm

    Date:        Wed, 29 Jun 2022 17:56:09 +0200
    From:        Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost>

  | I don't know if the in-tree xterm supports unicode

In systems that have it (HEAD does, I haven't checked earlier)
uxterm does.

uxterm is just "xterm -class UXTerm" under the hood, so yes, xterm
(or a recent enough xterm anyway) does support unicode, if started
in the appropriate way.

For me, it has no trouble showing me CJK/cyrillic/... spam messages from
nmh in an xterm.   Very decorative!

I haven't tried typing, with X, that usually requires an input method
to be installed, and I haven't done that yet (on other systems I allow
Thai input, which has worked fine ... my keyboards have all the symbols
on the keycaps, in addition to ascii ... quite crowded keycaps!)

kre