Setting keyboard layout on xterm

Hello All,

I want to enter turkish/german characters, or text that uses these
languages on xterm. Would this be possible?

I can so far change the keyboard layout using "setxkbmap -layout de"
or "setxkbmap -layout tr". When I do this, I can enter the characters
for that particular language on firefox. But when I try to enter text
using characters from these languages on xterm, for instance creating
a text file using those languages, I can not do that.

I also changed the font for XTerm in the Xresources file, which uses
iso8859-9, but that does not do anything. Although the font changes,
the characters for that language can not be entered on xterm.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kind Regards,
Riza