Re: how to turn off devices that monitor sensors

Well, you've taken me MUCH further than I've been for a year, and I
appreciate your efforts to help tremendously!

For the record, the architecture is amd64.

Yes, both `reboot` and `halt` work perfectly with a current (9.99.96
and later) kernel.  Neither worked with 9.2 STABLE.  Maybe Netbsd 10
will be the magic release.  Fingers crossed.

Best regards,

Henry