Re: how to turn off devices that monitor sensors

Thank you for the ideas.  The manufacture date of this HP Pavillion
Notebook 15-au123d was 07/01/2017.  NetBSD is installed UEFI.

I tried `boot -2' but the startup stopped at the following.  I don't
know how to proceed.
boot device: <unknown>
root device:

The machine works without any problem, including power-off shutdown,
with Windows 10.  I swapped out the harddisk that Win 10 was on with
an SSD, onto which I installed NetBSD.  Other than `/sbin/shutdown -p`
not working (which however is fatal to my use of the machine as a
remote workstation), things seem to be working well (with current, not
under 9.2 STABLE).

Henry