Re: firefox52 core dump on RPI2 NetBSD9.1

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 12:01:55AM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 05:25:33PM +0100, tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:
> > It will allow you to know if the problem is with the packages
>
> Let me begin with that hypothesis.
>
> I'll try to do binary installation of firefox52 on a qemu instance. Then
> try to build it by cutting down as many options as feasible. The error in
> question is coming from dbus, so a hope is it may go away by switching off
> dbus. If that doesn't happen, can pick and build some packages.
>
> A couple of more questions:
>
> 1. Which is the highest firefox version which is rust free? Is it 52 (may
> be that's why it's retained?)
>
> 2. What are the chances of getting rust-bin on armv7? Seems it's there for
> Linux-aarch64 only (among arm).

I'm unable to give you an informed answer to both questions: when it
comes to Firefox (and rust that is now a prerequisite causing problems),
I'm just a end-user. Seeing the dependencies of the whole, specially
rust, it seems that it would impose a significant work from someone(TM)
to make it work.
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/
                       http://www.sbfa.fr/