Re: firefox52 core dump on RPI2 NetBSD9.1

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 03:32:20PM +0100, Bodie wrote:
> I do not know internals, but building those packages takes a lot of time
> on these platforms or somewhere in the chain wrong toolchain version was
> used so everything is possible.
>
> Or because earm, earmv6hf and evbarm does not have any Firefox at all
> then maybe someone just forgot to remove it from infrastructure for
> building on earmv7hf ;-)

In my last stint of usage of NetBSD on Pi I used to use pkgsrc for
everything notwithstanding time it used to take. Having done it for long I
feel fatigued about restarting it and hence was looking forward to use
binary.

Anyway, will probably try building on qemu. It will be even slower, but I
can at least leave it running on a server.

I still wish to know whether strtab errors are necessarily from the
pkg layer or is something in the base wrong - and in turn armv7.img is
faulty.

I am just noticing the lightening symbol on the screen also. At 8/8.99
stage there was a fix to this by copying some firmware files and it had
worked for me. This was supposed to be fixed in 9 but is still lurking
there - another reason I wonder whether something went wrong with the
image.

> Plus you will have Bluetooth supported there :-)
Yes, read about that. But I do not have a use case. On board Wifi will be
greater a motivation to switch to current. I read it has reached a stage
where it is established that it 'can work'. Hopefully by 10 it will be in.

--
Mayuresh